CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Does anyone else also think that Red Dead Redemption was over-rated and boring?
9:24 am
Forum Posts: 35

Yes, as a fan of spaghetti westerns and shooters, I waited Red Dead Redemption for a long time and the hype made me more and more curious each day I waited for it. However… The sequel of the great ps 2 game (in spite of all the effort devoted to it) was full of unconvincing characters, repeating/similar missions and a boring story line. I even did not wonder about the ending and eventually sold the game for a fair price without even feeling the need to finish it. My expectations were high but the product was less than satisfying. As I previously said, I like shooters (my favorite games are those of the Battlefield series). But RDR… Sorry but, it was definitely a mess… You may think differently, but I want to hear about those who don't. Waiting for your comments…

2:56 pm
Forum Posts: 49

I feel the game dragged a bit in the Mexico section but overall I felt it was quite an enjoyable game. It had good gameplay mechanics, a great world and a decent story. I wouldn't say its the best story going but it was an interesting tale nontheless. I guess it can vary though, I mean i personally thought GTA4 had a pretty terrible storyline and I'm a huge fan of the GTA Series but I just am not that big on GTA4.

The co-op mode, online free-roam and Undead Nightmare for RDR are great additions though I must admit.

7:53 pm
Guru
Forum Posts: 350

Yes, the game was not what i expected it to be based on what people had told me. It was a still a good game, but i guess the game just wasn't for me.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/kennygk.png
1:53 am
Forum Posts: 35

I believe one problem with the game was something like, 'There comes the fat man selling medicine, here we go again, racing' or 'that grave digger is approaching, another shooting episode is on the way'. However… Apart from the 'no surprises-story line', what was terribly boring was the repetitive actions like skinning animals or collecting flowers along the way. Whenever you skin an animal, it's the same animation is on the screen -blood splatters on the screen- and the same repetitive quotes like, 'Arggh, what have you been eating?'. Hmmm? What does a coyote or bear eats? It doesn't matter anyway. I grow tired of doing the same thing again and again and that's why I quickly got fed up with shooting and skinning poor animals. Moreover, the game has a sick 'trophy' like "kidnap and tie a lady, place her on the railroad and have her squashed by the train'. Yeah, Rockstar. No wonder that their games always receive high points: "Dude, any point under 90 will have terrible consequences for us, let's give them a 95, otherwise they may tie us and throw us under the wheels of a train -or they may stop our cars in the traffic, force us out of the car and smash our brains with iron pipes (remember GTA?)". Anyway, I believe I won't be buying another Rockstar game in the future… Full of mindless violence and psychotic intentions, these games provide real bad role models -especially for kids-…

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 193

Members: 15870

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 996

Newest Members: Jacob-William22

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)