CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Dragon Age 2 Glitches and Gameplay
7:40 am
Bear,DE
Guru
Forum Posts: 361

Ok…this game is glitched to hell….

So I start the game and darkspawn come running at me….WITH NO BODIES! Just a bunch of heads and arms with swords flying through the air after me. Both in the between battle scenes and fighting them. so I get to the next area to see if it loads and fixes itself and nope it doesn't. So I save my game and turn my PS3 off…try to resume where I left off and I get stuck in an infinite loading screen.

I jump on the support forums and see people having the same problems (minus the bodyless glitch) so I try to log in using my EA account to which it denies me saying the info is wrong…even though I'm logged into the same EA account on Dragon Age 2 connected to their servers…..I eventually get frustrated and go back to the PS3. I delete the install (which took 30 minutes) and re-install it (another 30 minutes)…now it works mostly….

Glitches aside….let me mention I'm having a great time with the game first….with that said….It really is a watered down version of DA isn't it? Its very user friendly it seams and maybe much easier? I just feel like its catering to a less…(involved?) crowd.

I mean making decisions is all cut and dry now. It even tells you the good/bad/neutral and I've yet to come to a part where I can notice your choice makes any difference at all.

If you buy the game, you get an extra party member, the Mabari warhound and it doesn't take a party member slot…so he is just extra damage for no reason.

No gifts? why? I loved that.

Talking to your party members does nothing so far. In DA you had to talk to party members to unlock question tree's to increase their liking of you and to find out more story. Now they just utter a single line and move on.

So far its very linear. I've never came to a fork in the road yet.

Enchantments at the very beginning of the game?

keep in mind i'm way early in the game. Only a few hours in…but still. While I'm enjoying myself a lot and loving the game…these things stick out big time to me.

8:15 am
Guru
Forum Posts: 292

You're not very lucky with glitches are you Eddie?

I've read the reviews and feedback seems to be: "a good game, but not as good as DA:O".

I'm tracking it down as we "speak" and I'll be denitely be picking it up as soon as I can. Hope I won't come across the same issues!

8:39 am
Forum Posts: 64

Weak! Sorry about all your troubles, Eddie. frown The game is supposed to arrive in the mail today, and I'm concerned now that I've heard your tales of woe. I checked out the Bioware forum for PS3 tech support, and there's just a laundry list of problems that people have been experiencing. I will say, though, that Bioware has a good record for solving technical problems speedily, at least in my book. So I expect that they'll get things sorted out soon, though patches have to be approved by Sony before being released, which dramatically slows their release. Still, I'm pissed that studios are so lazy that they sometimes push crap out the door these days, relying on the patching system to cover for inadaquate beta testing. Some people don't have internet connections, and moreover no one wants to stick a bugged $60 drink coaster in the drive.

9:05 am
Bear,DE
Guru
Forum Posts: 361

premiersoupir said:

I will say, though, that Bioware has a good record for solving technical problems speedily, at least in my book..

You don't recall an entire month where DA:O was unplayable for many PS3 owners waiting on a patch?

While I'm having fun…even eager to play the game…its a mere shadow of what it was…very dumbed down for the casual crowd and that upsets me.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 196

Members: 15880

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 1000

Newest Members: Onlyhit

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)