CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Game Recommendations for new PS3 owner
11:06 am
Forum Posts: 2

So I just bought a used fat 60GB PS3 the other day and I picked up GTA IV and Elder Scrolls Oblivian.  I have never owned any of the playstations before and been a primarily PC or Nintendo gamer. Any recommendations for the best PS3 games out there? What are they best this system has to offer?

3:47 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

k, God of War collection, as well as God of War III, which releases in less than 2 weeks, Heavy Rain and Metal Gear Solid 4 if you want to be immersed in story (MGS4 would be good if you're were familiar with the old games, though), Uncharted 1 and 2 if you like gunplay, puzzle solving, platforming, action/adventure, Resistance games are pretty good, though, you might get more out of it being a FPS fan. Ratchet and Clank Future titles would be excellent if you like action-oriented platformers, Killzone 2 is an excellent FPS title, inFamous is good if you like open world games (though, you play as basically an anti-hero/superhero) LittleBigPlanet is good for 2D platforming (especially since it now has over 2 million user created levels) and is a great game if you want to express your creative side. If you're into party and quiz games, Buzz! is great for that.

As far as racing games go, there isn't too much in terms of exclusive, but GT5 is coming out this year. To tide you until then, I recommend Midnight Club LA (if you're into an open world, arcade-style racing game) and Need for Speed: SHIFT. Congrats on your purchase, too ;). 2010 is looking to be the year for PS3 when it comes to exclusive releases (though, 2009 was great, too). Don't miss out on any of the other third party titles either. Batman: Arkham Asylum is excellent, too, and next month, Rockstar will be releasing Red Dead Redemption, which is, if you've been following gaming at all, basically GTA set in the old west. They might also reveal the PS3 exclusive Agent sometime this year as well (if they reveal it arond E3 or a little earlier, it will definitely be out later this year because Rockstar North likes to hold out on media and information until that time frame).

There's too many to list haha

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
8:48 pm
Forum Posts: 2

Thanks for the titles. I have alot of catching up to do. I think i may get the God of War games next, and Red Dead Redemption sounds fantastic.

5:48 pm
Mentor
Forum Posts: 608

What type of games do you enjoy playing? Uncharted 1 and 2 are both great. Assasians Creed 2 is also alot of fun. I highly reccomend Borderlands, and if you are enjoying Oblivion, Fallout 3 is similar, but takes place in a post apocylpse earth, with better graphics. Mario Bros fan?, then Litlle Big Planet is a must own. The user created levels can be amazing, nd this game will have new and exciting levels for years!

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/oly1kenobi.png
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online: the_nmac
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 193

Members: 15870

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 996

Newest Members: Jacob-William22

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)