Please consider registering

CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Heavy Rain Demo Impressions
2:41 pm
Enthusiast
Members
Forum Posts: 189

Now that some of us got a chance to get into the demo a little early what do you guys think of the game?

5:49 pm
Mentor
Members
Forum Posts: 608

someone send me a code.. lol cant get it to work

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/oly1kenobi.png
7:50 pm
Mentor
Members

Ok guys here’s the deal.. Europe account allowed the code.. So if u dont have one, make one. You can use a fake address. UK is Europe btw.
Also LUKE.. go back and redo it, and it will give you the same code again.

12:26 am
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

After I downloaded it, I played it. All I can say is, it's definitely going to be a great game, but it's also definitely not for everyone/mainstream. First off, the first part was probably my favorite. I tried to get as much as I could right, so I don't know any of the consequences, but after I questioned her and my time was up, and using the inhaler after leaving the room, the fight scene with one of her ex clients was heart pounding, exhilarating, and greatly executed. Though the fight QTE presses don't have any kind of logical sense (like one button is used for one fist, etc, its kinda all over the place), with them moving around the scene, it adds a lot of impact and makes you feel like you're struggling. I hadn't had that kind of an emotional rush (for lack of a better term) since the microwave security system on the way to GW on MGS4 haha.

Im gonna post it on the home page 😛

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
1:14 am
Mentor
Members

lol.. great review
I actually played through the first part 2 times. If you miss more of the buttons during the fight, you get beat up a little more, but with the same outcome, the guy leaves. There are a couple different things the girl says/does, based on yor decisions, but I dont want to post any spoilers here.. Enjoyed it, but also agree not for the mainstreamed gamers. My son got turned off after watching me play for 5mins lol

1:33 am
Admin

lol, well, my impressions are up. Ended up being over 1000 words haha.

I cant wait for the game, though. Its different and enjoyable, for sure. I hope people will give it a chance, despite any bad reviews it will probably get.

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
11:34 am
Members
Forum Posts: 1

I absolutely LOVE the demo! Great characters and story thus far.

12:32 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 5

me too..

10:00 am
Enthusiast
Members
Forum Posts: 189

I think it was very well done. The first time I played Shelbys demo I pissed her off and she kicked me out, only to come back and beat on that guy. As Oly1kenobi said the more buttons you miss the more beaten your face looks. The second time I went in there I selected the different options and got her to talk to me until the clock ran out. This time I did better in the fight and my face wasn\'t so battered.

I played with Jayden twice. Depending how many times you fall going up or coming down the hill the more dirty your clothes get. I really liked the game, though it\'s a breath of fresh air.

11:19 am
Members
Forum Posts: 10

Playing the demo only confirmed what i already knew. This was going to be a great game. i have to agree with Jimmy the fight scene was wonderfully done i felt like i was really in a fight. i also played the first part twice and the second time i actually got stabbed as i missed a few of the buttons presses. i still won the fight but it was a stressful moment. I liked the second scene as well i love CSI and i kinda felt like i really was an FBI agent. i love the coll gadget he\'s got. Will probably be playing the demo again just 2 see if i can make it even more different. Even the questioning was different on both my plays.

I\'ve had mine fully paid for for a few weeks now. anyone else have it pre-ordered?

9:21 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 7

I enjoyed the demo, but there is one thing that really bothered me....The Resident Evil "Tank" style controls.  I am so tired of that in games.  Why can't they work out a better system of character movement than 90 Degree turns and so forth?  I'm using the analog stick to walk in this game so why does my character walk like I'm pressing the D-Pad?

You tend to see this in alot of what I call "Pretty background games"....You know, games that seem to just display a really high def picture of the  scene while rendering a 3-d character in it. Also known as "invisble hallway wall games"....Like all the Devil May Cry games.  It really bothers me and pulls me out of the game. 

3:21 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 18

derrick really hit the nail on the head, as far as my complaints go.

But as with Indigo Prophecy, I\'m more interested in the story than the gameplay mixed in.

6:55 pm
Admin

as far as direction goes, I see it more like an overhead shooter, where whichever direction you point the stick is the way the ship/plane/whatever moves, except, instead of being overhead, it's facing the horizon (which I'm fine with, it handles a LOT better than the old Resident Evils at least). But the point of the camera being fixed is for dramatic effect. If it played like any other game that had a free-roaming 3rd person camera, it wouldn't have effects as dramatic as it is and could actually take away from the experience.

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
9:42 pm
Mentor
Members

I found the walking a little odd at first, but got the hang of it and found it to be.. \"ok\"

12:50 am
Members
Forum Posts: 7

I can't help but feel as if I am playing a really modern version of Dragon's Lair.  The Icon flashes on the screen and I press the corresponding button.  I seem to remember doing this in 1983 when I was really little. 

I really liked Indigo Prophecy, but I never got to finish it due to a game ending scratch on the dvdCry, but I don't remember the control in that game feeling so "Tank"like.

There were multiple times in the Heavy Rain Demo that I got stuck on the enviroment due to the poor walking controls, or I just spun in circles or took off walking in the wrong direction....Hopefully I can over come this feeling I have.  I'll play the demo a few more times to see if I should pony up the dough and buy the game.  Maybe I'll eat my words after playing the retail version, maybe I wont.  We'll see!Cool

1:01 am
Admin

at first, I was doing like what you were, but then realised that the best way to move is to continuously hold the left stick in the direction you want to walk as opposed to moving it a little and just using R2 to go forward. My problem on my first try was I was trying to control it like the old RE games, but it doesnt work like that (where you hold either left or right until you're in the direction you want to face). If you hold forward, character walks away from the screen, if you hold back, character wil turn around and walk toward the camera, if you hold right or left, the character will walk in that direction in relation to the camera's placement, and all points in between

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
11:03 am
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

If you liked their last game (Indigo Prophecy) then you\'ll like Heavy Rain. As it has been said, it\'s not a game for everyone and the slow start might not allow those with no patience to enjoy the game.

4:18 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 14

I Thought it was highly entertaining. But now that it has move support I will be buying it for sure.

1:42 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 30

It seemed kind of cool, the graphics were pretty badass. Once it drops in price, I may pick it up.

9:43 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 10

The demo basically sold me on the game.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

oly: 608