CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

modern warfare issues
7:04 pm
s.s. ict
Forum Posts: 23

error code 8001050f …. is messin up my little world. I can get into PSN at all. It won't let me play Modern warfare at all. Can't play any online games at all. I called sony and they say give it time…. they have alot of problems w/ modern warfare … and are working on it. FML… anyone else, any ideas… help ?

7:37 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

I'd go into the web browser, clear cache, history, etc. then exit out of the browser, reset your modem and any routers, unplug ethernet cable if you're using a wired connection and do a hard reset of the PS3 (hold in the power button until you get 3 beeps I believe) while the modem and router reset. Then when the modem and router are powered back up and getting an internet signal, reconnect the ethernet cable, log into PSN and try it from there.

In some cases, you may have to hard reset the modem and router (setting everything back to default) using something with a point to hold in a recessed Reset button usually located on the back of the device. This isn't a game-specific issue, so its not MW2 causing it, its a network issue, usually user-side and not server side

Some folks have said they contacted Sony and that it's a hardware defect, but I had the same error code a while back and doing all that a couple times resolved the problem. Another thing you can try, if you're using a DSL connection, is after the modem's DSL light is solid, disconnect the DSL phone line from the back of the modem (DSL light should then blink green) and reconnecting it to re-establish a fresh connection to your ISP. Not sure if it works the same with cable or not though.

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
7:49 pm
s.s. ict
Forum Posts: 23

tried all that and thensome, Thanks for the info… on the 3 beeps… after that you can do same thing again but it 2 beeps and then a double beep and you can do alot !

8:07 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

if you have a router, have you bypassed it and connected it directly to the modem? What kind of internet do you have? FTTP? Standard DSL? Cable? Satellite?

Looking into the error code over the net, it sounds like a Hardware failure, in which most say your best bet is to send it in for repairs. This is one code that wasn't listed on this site's error code list, so I had to look into it before. Is this a Slim system? If a direct connection doesn't work, and you have a Slim model, unplug it over night, plug it in tomorrow and try again. If you have an older model, flip the power switch off in the back overnight and see if that helps. If not, sending it in would probably be your best bet

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 196

Members: 15880

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 1000

Newest Members: Onlyhit

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)