CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

MW3 freezing up PS3
4:04 pm
Forum Posts: 2

Okay, so I wasn't sure if anyone else has had any problems with their ps3 freezing but I'm having some troubles. Every game I play works and it doesn't freeze my ps3. About a week or two ago when I am playing mw3 it freezes while either loading the game itself, or once I'm in a match. This all of a sudden started to happen and I couldn't figure out why it kept freezing because the disc has no scratches or ANYTHING on it, it's beautiful. I still can't play it, I've tried a different copy and it does the same. I've tried my copy on a friend's ps3 and it works on his. I've tried restoring my files thinking maybe there was a corrupt file and there was and it fixed it, but it's still freezing on me. I figured since mw3 wasn't working I would play some black ops and it is doing the same to that one as well! I don't know what else to do, I'm at the point of pulling all of my hair out!! I was reading online and this is happening to other people as well and they are thinking it's a recent patch they put out for mw3. I've even went into the vault and disabled the recording in my theater because I figured maybe it could be because of that. After I did that it worked alright for a couple of hours, but then it started back up again. I just want to enjoy my games and I usually only play FPS so this is really ruining the whole ps3 experience for me. What blows my mind is how it freezes for the only two games I like and play, when every single other game I own boots right up and I can play them no problem. If someone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate them. I don't know what to do and I'm literally going nuts, haha. Also, please let me know if this is happening to anyone else. I feel silly even having to ask about this, thanks! (:

-ki

7:14 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 536

Not sure if it does or not, but if the game installs data on the hard drive, other than game saves, I would delete that and have the game reinstall the data. It could be corrupted somewhere. Not sure if that's what you did or not when you said you restored your files, but just in case. Under Games, on the Xross Media Bar, go to Game Data Utility, find MW3, press triangle, and delete the data. When you start the game up again, it will reinstall data, and hopefully not be corrupted. If it still has issues, it could be hardware related.

JimmyMagnum Trophy Card
9:06 pm
Forum Posts: 2

Jay said

Not sure if it does or not, but if the game installs data on the hard drive, other than game saves, I would delete that and have the game reinstall the data. It could be corrupted somewhere. Not sure if that's what you did or not when you said you restored your files, but just in case. Under Games, on the Xross Media Bar, go to Game Data Utility, find MW3, press triangle, and delete the data. When you start the game up again, it will reinstall data, and hopefully not be corrupted. If it still has issues, it could be hardware related.

Hi Jay!

So thank you for responding to me. I actually have tried that and it did not work. I'm not quite sure what is wrong with it, since I've had both since Christmas of last year. I also did a default restore and wiped out everything off my ps3 and that still didn't work. I bought a copy of black ops thinking I'd be able to play that instead and it does the same thing with my copy of black ops! Any other game I put in though it boots and loads right up! I'm so confused because if there was something wrong with the ps3, wouldn't my other games be doing the same thing? I just want it to be fixed because I almost feel like I'm 'withdrawing' from not being able to play my FPS games, haha. I'm not quite sure what else I can do, are there any other ways to try to get it to work? Like I said, my mw3 didn't start freezing until after activision's latest patch, so I'm thinking maybe there was something wrong with it that is causing it to freeze, but at the same time, why would my copy of black ops be doing the same thing? I'm lost and have no clue what to try next. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

-ki (:

12:20 pm
Rilo (B00YaWkidd)

It could be a heat issue.
Being that PS3 RAM is so small in size.
Being that the RAM is soldered to the motherboard.
Being that there isn't much of a heat sink, which by the way has a gap so air traps heat.
Saying this, I'm thinking that all these patches for the online games,
blocking all the glitches and hacks,
require some serious RAM.
Thus giving you the freeze.
Feel your PS3 near the back, if its hot then that is probably the reason.
I have the same issue.
Resolved it for the most part by taking the top off,
Makes a huge difference if I play for an hour or two.
If you notice the small fan once the top is off, it is nowhere near the HDD or the motherboard (which includes your RAM)
It blows down and through a small duct which crosses through your PSU, which gets hot but other parts of the system need cooling as well.
With the PS3 online world growing they really need to upgrade the hardware and come out with a PS3.5 but they will not.
PS4 isn't projected for forever so….
Good luck, hope this helps.
Take your top off. wink

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 196

Members: 15880

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 1000

Newest Members: Onlyhit

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)