CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Playstation Move Heroes Demo impressions
9:56 am
Forum Posts: 68

Firstly I just wanted to say thank you for access to the demo, I've definitely had some fun with it.

There are 5 challenges included on the demo.

The first challenge had me playing as Sly which includes the Whip weapon, the challenge was to defeat several waves of enemies with the Whip. I found the controls fairly good, it definitely isn't as good as platformers like Ratchet & Clank or Sly Cooper though. The Whip didn't control 1-1 but did go in the direction you wanted it to. With the Whip you could hold L2 and grab enemies then throw them away, this works great and is definitely a fun way to defeat them as they fly into each other. 

2nd Challenge was the bowling challenge where you need to roll your bowling ball to destroy cages using the move controller. This one didn't control that great and didn't feel totally responsive.

3rd challenge was with Ratchet and his wrench. Much preffered this weapon over the Whip because of its impact on enemies and boxes felt much better. Ratchet also comes equipped with the Groovatron from Ratchet and Clank on PS3. In this challenge you had to run around defeating enemies and collecting objects.

4th challenge had me playing as Bentlely from the Sly series. You move bentler around in a hover seat with the analog stick, hold R2 and throw the move controller like a frisbee. This was definitely one of the best controlling and most fun games on the demo. Controlled really well and moving the exploding frisbee thing was very accurate and fun. 

5th challenge was with Clank. You ran around and shot enemies with a shotgun style energy gun. It controlled just like a 3rd person shooter and the pointer controls worked great. 

Overall I think the game will have several challenges that will be really fun, and some that aren't good. If the title is at the cheaper price of £25, like many other Move games. Then I think it will be worth it, I'm not sure about a £40 game though :)

Anyway I'm sure everyone will get to check it out when the demo is out.

10:04 am
Riverview, FL
Forum Posts: 51

I was fortunate enough to get the demo as well. I was strapped for time, but I managed to get in the first level. I thought it was pretty cool and I liked how you could charge up the whip for a stronger move, just by holding your arm a little further back. 

I thought it was cool and I liked the graphics, but I'm not so sure this is my type of game. I'm going to finish off the demo before I count it out though.

Thanks for sharing, I'm excited to try the level where you move the Move controller like a frisbee. I love Frisbee golf on Sports Champions!

10:12 am
Forum Posts: 68

It's similar to that but you get to move around the level aswell, and you can move the frisbee thing after throwing it because you have to glide it into cages. 

Yeah I like that too how the characters all had a stronger move and a special move.

2:29 pm
Resident Nintendo Nutjob
Forum Posts: 816

I got the demo from PS Rewards… but could have gotten it yesterday from PS+ as well. Don't own a Move yet but I figured that once I do I'll need to play several demos to make my hard earned money go to those that deserve it.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 195

Members: 15877

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 998

Newest Members: Madhatter

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)