CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

PS+ June Update, who's still rolling on the floor giggling!?
10:59 am
Canada
Forum Posts: 30

Ok, so the first day of the month comes around and I know those free games are coming, what am I expecting? A decent PS3 game, some PSN choices and a couple of PS1 classics to bolster my colection. So I'm checking out the 'Last Chance' section and low and behold 'everything' is going to go, instinctivly my sony senses are tingling, something special is coming (I was actualy hoping all those new retro games where going to be offered up in place of the sega classics taken away).

So the day after the E3 Sony press release I'm checking my PS Store and… LeGasp, what is this!? A whopping $260 worth of freebies!? I actualy called my wife into the room to witness the specticle (she almost instantly rolled her eyes and left again) but I was very excited. I am a lower class father to be, the PS3 is probably the single most pricey item in our apartment and I can afford a new game perhaps once every couple of months (and I'm talking a bargin bin $20 watzit). The PS+ membership was a christmas present from the grand-inlaws and just as I finish up Dragon Age (my most recent purchase) Sony opens the flood gates!

Supposedly this is part of their 'Instant game collection' initiative, for every new PS+ member there should be 10 free games. Once a month apparantly 3 games will be swapped for 3 others and they should all be proper HD titles.

I've heard this may mean the end of PS1 classics, I'm a little sad but already my wallet is feeling a little heavier and the little boy in my heart is still doing cartwheels (or at least he would be if he ever took a break from eating pringles and playing video games) wink

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/psn/1239666/0/1.png
4:59 pm
Forum Posts: 44

PS+ has gone up a notch recently, it's gonna go in harder when Vita games join the party.

12:13 pm
Guru
Forum Posts: 382

it is kinda nice but I'm still just struck with how annoying it is that these games aren't free they're just unlimited rental. I'd much rather have 80-90% discounts… but I can't resist the shiny large number of games. my HDs are gonna get full man.. so full.

it's just that one day the PS3 will be gone.. what happens to all those games now. in a few months your PSN+ will expire b/c it's on the new console and then all those games will be ghost… such a shame.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/58/ramdomwolf.png
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 195

Members: 15877

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 998

Newest Members: Madhatter

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)