CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

PS Vita initial startup issues
8:36 am
Forum Posts: 29

So I brought home my Vita yesterday and after going through the initial setup and updating, I found that the games I had purchased would not get past the initial loading screens, and most of the Vita Apps would not work also. If I ran the Welcome Park for example, it would start, but then right after the fade-out to begin the introduction video, it would be a blank screen. I left it alone for awhile, but nothing. I tried all the suggested restoration options. Rebuild Database, Reformat, Restore, etc.., but still the same result. Then I connected to my PC after downloading the "Content Manager" and realized that I could update (again) using this method. So even though the update was already applied, it allowed me to update anyway. This was not the case if I checked for system updates using the Vita menu for example. This was critical, because something must have went wrong with the first update. After updating the second time, it worked normally, thank heavens! I never had any issues before with system updates on either the PS3 or PSP, so this is new to me. Anyhow, after spending a few hours with the system I have to say I am impressed with how easy it is to use, and I really like the way you can pop between "Apps" so easily. And finally, Trophies! It's about time our beloved handheld can do everything the PS3 can do, and more. Viva La Vita!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 196

Members: 15880

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 1000

Newest Members: Onlyhit

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)