Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): Access denied for user 'newps3bl'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): Access denied for user 'newps3bl'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212

Warning: mysql_affected_rows(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-wpdb.php on line 212
Game Trading? | Website Related | Forum « PS3 Blog and Community | PS3Blog.net | PS3/Vita News, Reviews & Opinions

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 342

Gophermods PS3 YLOD Repair

Please consider registering

CAPTCHA Image

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Game Trading?
6:42 pm
VA, USA
Forum Posts: 41

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/newps3bl/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 342

Now I know I have no authority on this website and I may be proposing something too hard/time consuming to implement but it is merely a suggestion.

This website appears to have a nice, young, semi tight knit community that loves to play and discuss games on their PS3. Obvious right? Well I'm proposing we create a game trading forum (or page on the site if Tosh is up for it) for everyone in our PS3Blog.net community to go on and offer up games for trade. Then members can come to an agreement on what is a fair trade and exchange address' and mail the game or games to each other. This way, budget gamers like myself can experience many different games without having to dabble in money.

I understand there is a high possibility for people being ripped off and I haven't thought of a fail-safe way to combat that but I just thought it was an interesting idea. What are your thoughts?

6:27 am
South Florida
Forum Posts: 47

I've always had a thought like that in the back of my mind.

Would have to think of a way to make semi-safe with out being to complex.

7:29 am
The Grid
Admin
Forum Posts: 979

On NeoGAF they have a thread where people buy games/hardware from each other. They PM each other after they agree to buy/sell. Then they leave "feedback" in the thread about the transaction. Simple but it seems to work ok. I could look into a better way to organize this if there is more interest in this.

[edit]

After some more thought on this. We could create another forum for this and have a sticky called "Member Feedback" where people just leave feedback on dealing with a member. Or we could have a group as well? Then just have threads on what people want to trade.

11:18 am
Mentor
Forum Posts: 608

Another way, although it would double shipping cost, but for new .. not yet trusted people, we could have a moderator.

For example both traders send their games to me, and when I have them both, I send them to the other person. As the feedback increases for a user, people would know who to trust and can send directly to them

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/oly1kenobi.png
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 349

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

EdEN: 816

oly: 608

wolfkin: 382

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 199

Members: 15882

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 23

Topics: 1002

Newest Members: wayne

Administrators: Tosh (979), Jay (536), Tosh (56)