Tag: Firmware | PS3Blog.net
Sony has quietly released a new firmware update for the PS3 last night in version 3.56. This is an optional update, as it only improves the operating stability of some PS3 software (I would say LA Noire) and changes SaveData …
As you know, the new firmware for the PS3, v3.60, released very early this morning, with the biggest feature being the game save cloud for PlayStation Plus members, but, apparently, that wasn’t the only big change in the firmware.
SONY has released a new firmware which doesn’t do much according to reports, other than patches a few security holes. However, there may be a few things that may appear overtime in this firmware as we’ve in the past seen …
According to GI.biz, Sony has began barring counterfeit and unlicensed peripherals and USB accessories (adapters and flash drives) through the recently released firmware 3.50. Sony says:
SCEA advises consumers to be cautious when buying PlayStation 3 Wireless Controllers from …
Speculation is abound for the PlayStation 3 to get Google TV sometime in the future. Google says:
Google TV is a new experience made for television that combines the TV you know and love with the freedom and power of the Internet.
Here’s some of the facts we know:
- Google’s partners in this Google TV venture are Sony, Logitech, Intel, and Dish Network.
- PlayStation has a HDTV/DVR add on unit that can act as a TV tuner and a digital video recorder (utilizing the PS3 hard drive), called PlayTV in Europe and Australia and called the torne in Japan.
- Apple has been all over the media with its Apple TV lately.
- Google TV will be in the upcoming Sony Bravia TVs and in set-top boxes (among other places).
Here’s some rumors we think we know:
- CVG learned new PS3 sku’s where in the works, a low end 250G model and a high end 500G model. The new models will also come with built in 802.11n WiFi for faster wireless internet connectivity.
- Mashable learned “Google TV will eventually integrate with Sony Playstation.” though no source is cited.
Sony just recently released the 3.41 firmware that adds a “You may like” section on the PS Store. But it seems to be causing problems to anyone trying to upgrade their hard drives.
As a 30-page strong thread …