Posts Tagged From Software
This weeks Famitsu has some juicy details for Demon Souls fans. The spiritual successor or sequel of Demon souls has been outed with some juicy details. The game will be multiplatform and co-developed by Namco Bandai and From Software. Check out the info.
(Update: Gaming Everything posted this scan from Famitsu mag.)
- This is the official title of what was previously Project Dark
- This time they want to increase the amount of field exploration in the game.
- All fields are seamless, so whatever you can see, you can reach and explore. If you see a fortress or castle walls in the distance, you can eventually get there.
- There will be no map display in the game, just a position display marker.
- They aim to make the game just as challenging than Demon’s Souls, but also just as rewarding when you succeed. The sense of achievement is important.
- The gameplay will be similar to Demon’s Souls in concept, where it’s about trial and error and learning from your mistakes to play better.
- The game does not share the same world and story as Demon’s Souls.
- The game will not use the same format as Demon’s Souls in terms of having 5 worlds connected via a hub.
- Instead all maps in the game will be linked seamlessly in a connected world. The pace of the game will feel more about exploration and discovering locations, which you can then go inside into a dungeon or whatever and explore the interior further.
- There will be more complex level designs in the game using more vertical design in areas and such.
- The world setting is based on medieval dark fantasy, and will contain themes like “high fantasy of kings and knights”, “death and the depths of the earth”, and “the flames of chaos”.
- The character creation process will not be class based.
- The play style of the player character will have much more freedom this time.
- There will be many more spells and items, and the animation and uniqueness of weapons will also be increased.
- The online elements are very similar to Demon’s Souls. There is cooperative and PvP.
- You can still leave messages, and see players who died at various places.
- There will be no Soul Tendency this time because they don’t want to have to use dedicated servers to handle that shit again.
- Instead this time there will be more features allowing players to engage in “mutual role playing” which they say are still under wraps. They’ll reveal more when it’s time.
Although I’m not really looking forward to this title, there’s a lot of interest for the game. Turns out, the game, from From Software, will be hitting the states, according to Sony’s Twitter, which states:
No need to import – 3D Dot Game Heroes for PS3 is DEFINITELY coming to NA! Spread the word, more to come.
As to when the game will hit store shelves, that’s still up in the air. It will be coming to Japan on November 5th, though. Given this announcement, are you going to import it to get it early, or will you be willing to wait it out until it is officially released into the states?
Keep an eye on here for any further updates on the title.
Brought to you by the makers of “Demon Souls” From Software is about to drop yet another obscure, odd, mold breaking RPG.
This company is really coming into their own with their silly ideas that turns out to make great games!
It definately looks to have a Zelda feel to it, but with a 3D sexiness for eye candy.
First off click on the images to see it in full size. The art style is so different, simple and beautiful at the same time. Be interesting to see this game in motion. A little is known about the game so far:
3D Dot Game Heroes takes place in a classic RPG kingdom whose king, following the successful defeat of a demon lord, declares that the world should be 3D from now on. In the process, something goes wrong, though we don’t know what yet, and solving that crisis is the basis of the gameplay.
This game is out in Japan this November. Hopefully it comes to the rest of the world soon. There are more screen shots available at there website.