Posts Tagged Kevin Butler
For a second, I thought that we weren’t going to get a KB ad for LBP2, but I suppose I was wrong (it would have been weird if he didn’t have one anyway). Personally, I have seen better, but it was still pretty good. Who’s going to be picking up the game next week when it launches?
No surprise here, but Uncharted did take the win. What was surprising was the sheer number of votes it got in comparison to the rest of the selection (including big name first party titles like LBP2, inFamous 2, and Killzone 3).
Now for a few queries regarding some of the choices. Are there seriously 6 people who aren’t anticipating anything? Spider-Man 3? And who the heck put Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on there?
Also, I know the graph is rather huge, but I had to size it so the winners were easily legible.
With 3D becoming more and more popular, and with the lack of any really good poll ideas, I decided to ask whether or not you folks will be picking up a 3D TV this year. I added a couple situation-based answers to the standard yes and no as well.
The active poll from the past couple weeks was to see what people thought was the best Kevin Butler ad. The poll included every single one, and only one didn’t get a vote (VP, Virtual Pet Relations).
The overwhelming winner was, of course, the Gran Turismo 5 ad, where KB’s position was the Vice President of Add More Awesome. 2nd place was still at less than half of that one. Given the sheer number of options to choose from (this was probably our largest poll in terms of number of choices), that was quite a feat and shows that the ads are consistently becoming more popular.
Alright, this new poll was from Baba0Booey, though, suggested in the chat, but he will still get the 200 points for the idea. Don’t forget, if there is something you don’t see on the list, be sure to read Eddie’s article about the games coming in 2011 to give you more ideas, as the poll allows you to add your own answers!
The creators of LittleBigPlanet 2 have produced a parody of the Kevin Butler / BestBuy TV commercial. Perhaps this should be added to our current poll that inquires about your favorite Butler commercial!
So over the past couple weeks, we ran this poll asking what game franchises should get a reboot. Although there were a bunch of you who would prefer to not have so many franchises, Resident Evil came out on top, closely followed by Starfox. There were a large number of choices added by different folks, but it also looks like a lot of them would want sport franchises rebooted as well.
One thing I’m surprised about is that I’m not the only one who remembers the Mutant League Sports games.
The newest poll idea came from happypeoplearegay, who will be receiving his 200 points for the poll idea. This one is asking what your favorite Kevin Butler ad is. There are a lot to choose from. I don’t anticipate any new ones coming out for the next couple weeks, so we should be good!
- VP, Add More Awesome (Gran Turismo 5)
- VP, Yes We Canada (Canadian Video Store)
- Boombassador of Deals (Best Buy Bundle 2010)
- VP, Inspiration and Perspiration (ModNation Racers)
- VP, Enough is Enough (Unsatisfied Girlfriend)
- VP, Big Action Moments (Uncharted 2)
- VP, Epic Gaming for All (Move-Tage)
- VP, Family Funterventions (Move at the Maguires)
- VP, Blu-Ray Superiority (Grandma)
- Regional Manager of War (GOWIII)
- Gift Giving Guru (Blu-Ray and Gaming System)
- Chief Weaponologist (R&CF: ACIT)
- VP, FPS Relations (MAG)
- VP, PS3 Softball Team (MLB 10: the Show)
- Family Whisperer (Fake TV Family)
- VP, Realistic Movements (Move)
- VP, Fanboy Relations (Marcus PSP introduction)
- Director of Game Accuracy (MLB 09: The Show)
- Director of Rumor Confirmation (Slim and Price Drop)
- Family Activities Director (Desperate Dad)
- VP of Epic Footage (Mon-Tage)
- VP, Big Deal Making (w/ Best Buy; BOOM)
- VP, Family Showdowns (Tiger Woods Move)
- VP, Virtual Pet Relations (EyePet)