Tag: Rockstar Games | PS3Blog.net
This week on review revisited I thought it would be fun to talk about one of the best experiences on PS3, Grand Theft Auto 5!
Grand Theft Auto 5 is such a special game in the PS3’s library, as it was a giant sandbox offering you hours of things to do and adventures to have. You could do a story mission, take part in a sea-doo race, parachute from the sky, do yoga on the mountain, and finish the day taking a bus tour of Los Santos. I don’t think there is a more varied game experience on the console that can offer the same level of polish. The game is so detailed, and you can really tell a lot of work went into developing this game.
This has got me super hyped for GTA V. Who wants to join my gang?
Watch the new Official Gameplay Video for Grand Theft Auto Online – which shows how we’ve taken the fundamental GTA concepts of freedom, ambient activity …
Earlier today, Game Informer gave digital subscribers details of Rockstar Games’ upcoming blockbuster GTAV through the digital release of this December’s magazine. To tell you the truth, I am overly amped for this thing now. Some of the new features sound pretty intriguing, especially the lead character bit and world interactions. Heck, even the sheer size of it all. Here are some details, provided by VideoGamer.com:
- GTA 5 “evolves nearly every mechanic” found in previous games in the series.
- Features the biggest open world in the series’ history – GTA 5’s world is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA IV combined.
- Three playable characters who you can switch between “at nearly any time”.
- Each character has their own specific abilities and story arc, with all three stories intertwined.
- Camera zooms out to a “Google Earth-style” perspective when switching characters.
- Character 1 – Michael, an ex-bank robber in his early 40s who retired after making a deal with the FIB. He has two teenage children and hates his wife Amanda. He’s also the narrator of the original GTA 5 trailer.
- Character 2 – Trevor, a former war veteran and a “drugged out psychopath”. An experienced pilot.
- Character 3 – Franklin, a repo man in his mid 20s described as a “young and ambitious hustler”.
After having worked with Technicolor’s Bangalore production studio on some noteworthy Rockstar games, LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption, and the more recent Max Payne 3, Rockstar Games has made a deal with the production company to have a dedicated, exclusive team working for them. Here’s what Jeronimo Barrera, VP of Development at Rockstar Games, had to say about their partnership:
“Technicolor were a fantastic resource for us during the development of Max Payne 3. We’re looking forward to building the partnership on future projects.”
Given the recent history between the two, and with the advent of this news, it is a sure bet Technicolor, namely this unit, is being used for the upcoming Grand Theft Auto 5 as well.
Rockstar has released yet another batch of screenshots, bringing the total new shots this week to 10. This leads me to believe that Rockstar is gearing up the media hype train and will begin releasing more trailers very soon. This …