Posts Tagged Rockstar Games
Here’s the new trailer for the highly anticipated, humongous sequel to the GTA franchise. If you remember my last article, Game Informer has ‘informed’ us of a ton of new features and a bit of the story. The first trailer was shown over a year ago, and today, we finally get a glimpse of the second one, as the Spring 2013 release looms in the not-too-distant future.
In this trailer, we get a glimpse of some of the crazy antics in the game. Planes, trains and automobiles. The action in this title looks pretty intense, from driving out of an airplane, to seeing two trains run into each other head on (in what results in a wicked wreck on a bridge). This looks like it could very well be the GTA sequel we’ve been waiting for since San Andreas released all those years ago. There’s a lot to take in on this trailer, that’s for sure.
Earlier today, Game Informer gave digital subscribers details of Rockstar Games’ upcoming blockbuster GTAV through the digital release of this December’s magazine. To tell you the truth, I am overly amped for this thing now. Some of the new features sound pretty intriguing, especially the lead character bit and world interactions. Heck, even the sheer size of it all. Here are some details, provided by VideoGamer.com:
- GTA 5 “evolves nearly every mechanic” found in previous games in the series.
- Features the biggest open world in the series’ history – GTA 5’s world is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA IV combined.
- Three playable characters who you can switch between “at nearly any time”.
- Each character has their own specific abilities and story arc, with all three stories intertwined.
- Camera zooms out to a “Google Earth-style” perspective when switching characters.
- Character 1 – Michael, an ex-bank robber in his early 40s who retired after making a deal with the FIB. He has two teenage children and hates his wife Amanda. He’s also the narrator of the original GTA 5 trailer.
- Character 2 – Trevor, a former war veteran and a “drugged out psychopath”. An experienced pilot.
- Character 3 – Franklin, a repo man in his mid 20s described as a “young and ambitious hustler”. Read the rest of this entry »
After having worked with Technicolor’s Bangalore production studio on some noteworthy Rockstar games, LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption, and the more recent Max Payne 3, Rockstar Games has made a deal with the production company to have a dedicated, exclusive team working for them. Here’s what Jeronimo Barrera, VP of Development at Rockstar Games, had to say about their partnership:
“Technicolor were a fantastic resource for us during the development of Max Payne 3. We’re looking forward to building the partnership on future projects.”
Given the recent history between the two, and with the advent of this news, it is a sure bet Technicolor, namely this unit, is being used for the upcoming Grand Theft Auto 5 as well.
Rockstar has released yet another batch of screenshots, bringing the total new shots this week to 10. This leads me to believe that Rockstar is gearing up the media hype train and will begin releasing more trailers very soon. This suggests that the title could release in early 2013, given how Rockstar Games usually keeps media close to its chest until its release is only a few months away.
The images include a car transport/flatbed with a male character hanging off the side (and the transport has a car sitting in the back), a police chase with an exotic (there’s also a helicopter with a sniper aiming out of the side door), a very sweet picture of a red biplane in the mountainous region, and a night time shot with a man aiming his rifle at a police chopper who’s shining its spotlight on said man. To be honest with you, the more I see of this game, the more excited I get. I mean, like how excited I used to get with these games.