Posts Tagged Treyarch Studios
This new trailer for COD:BO2 Uprising DLC featuring our old friend the Peter Stormare as the “Replacer” and his new helper J.B Smoove, is really funny. The Uprising DLC also looks amazing, and I can’t wait to get my hands on it!
“The Uprising DLC Map Pack will soon take you away from life’s responsibilities again. Don’t worry though, the Replacer has found some extra help.”
“Uprising includes four new Multiplayer maps (Magma, Encore, Vertigo, and Studio), as well as the frightening new Zombies adventure, “Mob of the Dead.”
Treyarch’s John Rafacz gives you 37 reasons why Black Ops 2 is awesome, and he does it in the span of 3 minutes! I have to admit, I am quite excited for this entry. The Call of Duty series needs a huge change and I think Treyarch has accomplished it with the latest entry. The zombie mode, in particular, has a lot of meat on its bones this time around.
The exclusive pre-order bonus map NukeTown 2025 has gotten its very own trailer, which gives players a glimpse of the close quarters map we have grown to love. I have to admit it looks rather nice. The developer has confirmed this will not be available for purchase later, so make sure you get in on the deal before the game goes live.
NukeTown was a Call of Duty Black-ops map that was loved for its short lines and frantic battles, making for an easy map to get a quick dose of XP as well as short but filling multiplayer matches.
Treyarch’s Community Manager, Josh Olin, announced today that the first COD:BO expansion pack, First Strike, will hit PSN on March 3, 2011. The expansion includes four new multiplayer maps and one new zombie-mode scenario. The DLC was released to XBLA on February 1, 2011, and it is currently rated 78/100 on Metacritic.
There is a mention of patch 1.04 going into Phase 3 testing on Monday 12/6. This means the patch is going to console manufacturers for approval. According to Josh Olin’s Patching Process Post, there is a minimum 1 week waiting period for Phase 3, and an additional 2-3 days before it’s released. So by my math, we’re looking at around December 15th for 1.04 to go live.
Here is a full list of things to come with patch 1.04:
Patch 1.04 is nearing the end of Phase 2 testing. Going into Phase 3 submissions on 12/6.
• Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
• Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.
• Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
• Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.
• Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
• Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
• Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
• Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
• Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
• Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
• Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
• Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
• Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
• Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.
• Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
• Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
• Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
• Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
• Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
• Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
• Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.