Posts Tagged Zen Studios
Zen Pinball 2 has released its latest DLC in the form of a table dedicated to Venom, he of Spiderman fame. For those keeping track of the tables released for Zen Pinball 2, there already is a table that centers on Spiderman and his villains. What makes this one different?
This table moves the focus onto the Venom story arch with fixtures on the table paying homage to Venom lore, from the bell tower that helped Spider-man rid himself of the Symbiote and turned Eddy Brock into Venom to the Statue of Liberty, reminding you that the story of Spider-man is set in New York – a subtle design choice was the decision to make the ramps look like subway rails.
Whilst the main story and theme of the table focuses on the 3 main players of the symbiote story, i.e Venom, Spiderman and Carnage, the table however does pay respect to other Venom related sub characters like She-Venom, Mac Gargan and Agent Venom, to name a few.
As always with every Zen Pinball table, the level of detail is immense. You can never accuse the team of not working hard on their interpretation of an IP. Every detail of the table is perfect down to the tiniest of details – a special mention goes to the use of living Symbiote to hold the pinball table in place.
Ultimately it comes down to how much fun can be had from playing on this table and, for me, whilst there are some genuine thrills here it does come across as a little lacking. Yes, the visuals and scenery of the table are exciting, and the scenes involving Carnage are solid gold, whose boundless insanity takes over the screen whenever he’s around.
The table does come across as a bit lackluster with nothing truly unique to separate it from the horde of tables already available. But, with that being said, the bits where you play with Carnage do stand out. Ultimately the table does feel familiar to all the other tables you played before.
In summary, if you are a fan of Venom and his side characters then this might be the table for you. But if not, then you may want to consider giving this a pass. As a frequenter of Zen Pinball 2, almost everything here feels familiar and overplayed. If you’ve somehow yet to play a Zen Pinball 2 table, I recommend the original Spider-man table over this one.
|Lots for Venom fans to sink their teeth into|
Cross-buy for PS3 and Vita
|Nothing mind-blowing that hasn’t been done before.|
We had a total of 56 entries for this giveaway. And the random winners are
InSight Facebook Like/Comment Entry
I’ve sent you a private message with your codes. Don’t forget there’s still a giveaway going on for Mind Zero… and that we’ll have more giveaways for you soon!
The pinball masters at Zen Studios have partnered with Telltale Games and Robert Kirkman, the Eisner Award-winning creator and writer of The Walking Dead for his Skybound imprint at Image Comics, to create an all-new digital pinball table based on the award-winning The Walking Dead game series.
-The Walking Dead Pinball table playfield is a tour of the most iconic locations from the game, including the St. John’s Dairy Farm, Travelier Motel, Bell Tower, Train & Level Crossing, RV and more.
– Original lines and award winning voice actors from the game, including Dave Fennoy and Melissa Hutchison
– Missions center on player choice in survival situations such as choosing who to save in a zombie attack, solving problems within the group, and acquiring important tools, vehicles and fuel.
– Lee, Clementine and The Walking Dead zombies are represented as 3D characters in game.
Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3™ and “PS Vita” versions!
Lead your team to glory against the world’s finest football clubs! You will guide your favorite real-world football team in their quest to become Super League Champions.
– Officially licensed, custom designed table skins for some of the biggest real-world football clubs, including Arsenal F.C., Liverpool F.C., FC Barcelona, Real Madrid C.F., A.C. Milan, and A.S. Roma!
– Your favorite players represented on the table in 3D!
– Pick your club and start your journey to a Super League Championship
– Fill your Trophy Cabinet with awards and accolades
– Game progress carries from game to game, progressing through Super League play
– Great competition against other players in the Super League
– Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3™ and PS®Vita versions!