Eleven 360 Mistakes the PS3 might Have Too
FiringSquad has an article listing 11 Xbox 360 mistakes. Is there anything here that Sony can do better with the PS3? I’ll put my guess at the equivalent PS3 probability next to each issue. (0 – not gonna happen, 10 – sure will happen.)
- Overheating CPU or GPU. Seeing the problems Microsoft has had with heating issues, Sony can’t help but wonder if they will be plagued by the same issues. Probability: 3.
- No MSN Music. FiringSquad complains about the lack of MSN Music or iTunes functionality in the 360. Sony also has such a service, it’ll be interesting to see if it will be integrated into the PS3. Personally, I think it will, but I’m just guessing. Probability: 5.
- No HDMI support. Well, the PS3 does have this, so it’s not a problem. Probability: 0.
- 20GB is too small. Mr. Ken has said that the PS3 will need lots of disk space, so Sony will probably sell a separate HDD with capacity of larger than 20GB. Probability: 2.
- Microtransaction Security. Bugs in the system. Frankly, these teething problems will also probably affect the PS3. Probability: 7.
- No Web Browser. The PSP has web browsing capabilities, so I think Sony is learning this lesson. But maybe not… Probability: 4.
- No WMV-HD DVD Playback. I think the PS3 will probably have the same problem. Probability: 9.
- No MPEG-4 AVI playback (i.e. XviD, etc) AVI being a Microsoft format, I think it likely that Sony’s PS3 will have the same problem. Probability: 8.
- No System-Wide Video Calibration. A nice-to-have feature the PS3 probably won’t have either. Probability: 9.
- Poor DVD Playback Quality. Who knows? The PS2 wasn’t that great. Maybe the PS3 will suffer the same fate? Probability: 5.
- No pressure sensitive face buttons. The PS2 controller already has this functionality, so I doubt Sony would remove it. Probability: 0.
Agree? Disagree? Any problems that FiringSquad missed?