Gran Turismo Demo Details
If you live in Japan or own a Japanese PS3 you will have the opportunity to download a free demo of Gran Turismo HD Concept for the PS3 on Christmas Eve. IGN has taken a look at what the demo contains via Famitsu magazine. Here is what will be present in the demo:
* 1 new track named Eiger Nordwand, which you can race around in normal and reverse
* The new next-gen engine will be present in the demo
* Replays of the topped rank drivers in action will be available to download
* Rankings will be sorted by car class
* 10 cars to eventually choose from. You start off in the Suzuki Cappuccino ’95 and by completing the time trial mode in a certain time you will unlock other modes and more vehicles. Below are all 10 cars featured in the demo:
* Suzuki Cappuccino ’95
* Mazda Eunos Roadster ’89
* Honda Integra Type R’04
* Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR’96
* Infinity G35 Coupe
* Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR’05
* Lotus Elise 111R’04
* Nissan Sky Liner GT-R V Spec II ’94
* Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car ’95
* Ferrari 599’06
Famitsu also interviewed Polyphony Digital’s head honcho, Kazunori Yamauchi. Interestingly, Yamauchi-san says the reason why they canned the idea of releasing GT HD and instead concentrate on Gran Turismo 5, was because of the reaction of overseas gamers after TGS ’06. Most people weren’t happy (I certainly wasn’t) with the original idea of releasing a game with very little content, forcing you to buy content that most people expect to find already on the disc they have just bought, so they decided to go full steam ahead with GT 5. Common sense prevails!
He does expect to have both GT HD Premium and Classic in GT 5 though they haven’t decided on the controversial downloadable content issues.
Man, I both love and loathe the GT series of games. I loved GT 1&2 on the PSone, skipped GT3 and eventually bought GT4 on PS2 last Christmas. Although I did find it enjoyable in parts, it was also incredibly annoying, resulting in my gaming rage being released. When that happens I stop playing a game and get rid of it. So I have mixed feelings about GT 5. I’ll probably get it eventually…
Edit: GameTrailers has the Japanese trailer Nick has mentioned in our comments and boy does it look fantastic! Check it out for yourselves here.