Sony PS3 Rumble Rumours
SL33PY sent in some rumours about the PS3’s speculated rumble controller from the PSM France magazine. They certainly sound quite interesting. Here they are:
- The gyroscopic functions can cohabit with the vibrations. The explanation? The speed to which a player can move the lever is quite lower at the speed of the vibrations.
- The engine of vibration could be inclu in the lever without having to modify the form of it. There is enough place for the new engine, and this one, concus by Immersion, are lighter for an obstruction equivalent.
- One indeed has to expect a reduction in the autonomy of Sixaxis. Nevertheless, the new engine of vibration does not consume more than the old models (Dualshock) in spite of the fact that it is more powerful.
- The new engine is less expensive to build, and a possible rise in price of the pad should be only very light.
- With an update of the firmware, we will be able to have the vibrations
for plays PS2
What about TouchSense?
New technology, named â€œTouchsenseâ€ is a mini-revolution. Indeed, from now on, the vibrations will not emanate solely any more from the handles of the pad (as on Dualshock) but will be perceptible in various places of the lever. It as should be specified as they will be more powerful, more intense and over short periods if the programmers wish it. Thus, the developers will be able to create a multitude of still new effects. If Sony chooses this technology, it will thus not act of a simple return of the vibrations, but well of a very new technology
- This technology will be able to reproduce the fast jolt and forces caused by a shot,
- Immersion promises that one will be able to feel the asperities of the road in the plays of race (like Dirt), but also small shocks related on the shiftings of speed and even to accelerations or decelerations.
So what do you guys think? Is it all speculation? Is there any truth to it? Hopefully we’ll find out at E3.