Sony TGS Conference Summary
The two big announcements:
- Sony acquired Evolution Studios, the developers of Motorstorm.
- DualShock 3 is unveiled: A Sixaxis controller with rumble functionality. Tons of games support including very soon to be released titles such as R&C. Does this use more advanced haptics technology? No mention.
Smaller news bits include:
- Remote Play Wake on LAN: Now you don’t need to have your PS3 to access your movies, music and games from anywhere on your PSP.
- MGS Online to be included with MGS4
- “Dress” service to be part of PlayStation Home.
- PSN Available from PCs
- PlayStation Home is delayed until 2008.
- GT5:P will be out in Japan on Dec 13. When will the Western release hit?
- New Afrika Trailer
So far, pretty dull announcements.
Sony said they were going to unveil four new titles. Dress? The Horse Racing title? I bet they are counting the Afrika unveiling as a new title (barely been shown before). Aqua and flOwer? I haven’t heard much about those two yet…
Let’s hear your impressions. Anyone still anticipating more from the show itself?
UPDATE: Thanks to Sporty who pointed out several omissions that are now included.