Resistance 2 - Splitscreen Options
I’m about to make all you folks out there who tire of my splitscreen discussions even more sick of me! 🙂
With all the talk and footage about Resistance 2 recently, a friend of mine remarked that he hopes that it has a splitscreen mode so that he and I could play through it together, much like we did with the original Resistance.
If I remember correctly, I think that Resistance 2 does indeed have a 2 player splitscreen co-op mode. So we should be fine there. But this brings up other questions.
My main question is this: what kind of 4 player splitscreen modes will Resistance support?
I assume it’ll support the old fashioned 4 players against one another in deathmatch or whatever modes. If anyone can confirm this, that would be great.
But remember Warhawk? That game where you can go online with 3 of your buddies, playing splitscreen? This is quite common in the Xbox 360 world, but it isn’t very common in ours. Will Resistance 2 support going online together as a group, much like Warhawk did? And will it be only for multiplayer matches like Warhawk, or will you be able to play the 8 player co-op campaign with others? For that matter, what about not even going online to play the 8 player co-op campaign? You could play it with 4 players.
So here are all the options in a list. If anyone can confirm or deny any of them, I’d love to hear from you:
- Local 2 player splitscreen co-op.
- Local 4 player splitscreen multiplayer (deathmatch, team deathmatch, ctf, etc).
- Online 4 player splitscreen multiplayer (like Warhawk).
- Local 4 player splitscreen co-op (doing the 8 player co-op campaign, but locally).
- Online 4 player splitscreen co-op (four players at one location, playing with up to four from the internet).