PS3 Firmware 3.00 Coming Soon
The new firmware is supposed to be hitting our PS3s September 1st and include more intuitive XMB navigation, personalized options, and a whole lot more. Here’s the other info from the Official PlayStation Blog:
- â€œWhatâ€™s Newâ€ â€“ The â€œInformation Boardâ€ will be replaced with a â€œWhatâ€™s Newâ€ section, which allows you to enjoy interactive PlayStation news every time you start the PS3 system. Located under the PlayStation Network icon, â€œWhatâ€™s Newâ€ displays the latest and greatest game, video, PlayStation Network and PlayStation news and releases, as well as your recently played games, in a sleek, new animated format.
- Status Indicator â€“ In the top right corner weâ€™ve added an indicator bar, which displays your user icon, friend icon, the number of friends you have online and a small message icon to let you know if you have any new messages. The indicator also includes a scrolling ticker that features the latest news from PlayStation Network. In addition, when you press the PS button, the battery life indicator will no longer cover up the clock.
- Friends List â€“ Now your PlayStation Network friends will appear in a slightly redesigned format on your Friends List. Also, messages will now be viewable from each of your friendsâ€™ respective profiles.
- PlayStation Store Shortcuts â€“ Weâ€™ve added a handy shortcut icon to the PlayStation Store under both the Game and Video categories so you can access the latest content quickly and easily.
- Personalization â€“ Personalize your PS3 with new dynamic custom themes and avatars. Dynamic themes as well as free and premium avatars will be available through PlayStation Store. A dynamic theme takes your screen to a whole new level as it incorporates animated objects into the background.
- Trophies â€“ Showcasing your hard earned trophies just got better. Update 3.00 gives game developers the ability to modify how they display trophies for add-on content. Base and add-on game trophies will continue to be combined into a single list so you can see where you stand in a game as a whole. Within that list, trophies will be broken out into subcategoriesâ€”base trophies and add-on trophiesâ€”that way, you can easily view the percentage of your base game trophy collection, and separately track your trophy progress in add-on packs. Look for this enhancement to be included in upcoming games.
Sounds pretty snazzy.