Rock Band 2 Update
Still jamming to Rock Band 2? If so, you can expect an update the next time you play the game. PS3 owners are finally treated to Harmonix’s patch for Rock Band 2 that’s been available for the 360 since September.
Weâ€™re extremely happy to be able to finally release this update for the PlayStation 3 version of Rock Band 2. We know many of you are rabid PlayStation rockers, and itâ€™s a priority for us to make sure that everyone gets the best experience playing Rock Band. On behalf of everyone here at Harmonix, we hope you enjoy the new features!
- â€œSort by Starsâ€ in Quickplay. If you hit the â€œSortâ€ button on the Song Select screen, youâ€™ll come to a brand new sort that orders songs by the star ratings that youâ€™ve achieved on each song. Each star rating gets a category, as well as an â€œUnplayedâ€ category for songs that donâ€™t have a star rating recorded. Finally, you can record your progress towards gold starring every song in your library!
- Improved â€œSort by Starsâ€ fix: Players will not have to beat a previous high score to record a star rating for their songs.
- Chord HOPO improvements: If youâ€™ve played The Beatles: Rock Band, youâ€™ll notice much more robust handling of chord hammer-ons and pull-offs. This patch implements those changes in Rock Band 2 to provide a more natural chord hammer-on/pull-off experience.
- Velocity Sensitivity on Ion Drum Kits: Ion Drum kits now support velocity sensitivity in both drum fills and Drum Freestyle mode.
- Rock Band Network Store Support: When the Rock Band Network goes live, select songs will be available for PlayStation 3 users through a new storefront available in game. Stay tuned for more information closer to the launch of RBN!
- SingStar Wireless Microphone Support. Rock Band 2 now supports the SingStar Wireless Microphones currently available through Europe! Finally, you can now have a fully wireless Rock Band experience on your PlayStation 3!