MAG Final Game
MAG is out tomorrow in the USA and will also be out in Europe by the end of the week. Zipper have promised that the final product will be an improvement on the beta with the inclusion of 15 maps instead of 6 and 5 modes compared to the 2 in the beta. But that’s not all the changed as Zipper lists a host of changes added via a patch which is already online. Full details of the patch and some videos after the jump.
MAG Patch v1.01
· Added ability for player to use knife during a reload animation.
· Applied significant tuning adjustments for all weapons and armor.
· Increased sprint duration before tiring by 30%.
· Lowered XP requirements for levels 2 thru 4.
· Lowered level-entry restrictions for Sabotage from Level 3 to Level 2.
· Lowered level-entry restrictions for Acquisition from Level 5 to Level 4.
· Lowered level-entry restrictions for Domination from Level 10 to Level 8.
· Enabled proper level requirements for unlocking headgear, facegear, and uniforms.
· Fixed problem with recoil/firing animation that kept playing for a few seconds after the player fires an automatic gun and uses knife swipe simultaneously.
· Fixed bug where incapacitated players’ nametags would occasionally disappear.
· Repositioned onscreen weapons for improved field of view.
· Armory items (facegear/ headgear/ uniforms) reordered.
· Removed helmets from “Loadout 3” for all factions.
· Made significant increase in framerate during player-heavy games.
· Changed light settings for all environments.
· Polished recoil effect for better realism.
· Fixed offset muzzle flash effect.
· Tuned camera to shake more realistically when hit by bullets.
· Adjusted “blur” effect for both normal sights and iron sights.
· Added alternate reload animation.
· New “light scatter” treatment for all skies.
· Repaired various “weapon clipping” issues.
· Enacted several particle fogging adjustments.
· Switched first-person weapon sounds to true stereo.
· Moved first-person character interactions and weapon switches to true stereo.
· Tweaked sounds effects relating to landing on surfaces.
· Added error display and queue panel updates to notify player when they’ve encountered a “join game” failure.
· Made various server stability fixes and tweaks.
The latest patch notes can always be found on the official MAG Blog. If you’re having trouble deciding which faction to team up with you can always enlist via www.jointheshadowwar.com, I ended up choosing S.V.E.R. If you missed it there’s a new Kevin Butler advert for MAG which you can see here.
There is also a good interview with Ben Jones of Zipper explaining how the beta turned out;
A full review will be up on the blog once the servers are online and I have spent enough time with it. If you’re planning on picking this up then give me a shout and I might see you on the battlefield!