It’s not the “PS3 Nunchuk”, it’s the “Navigation Controller”
Okay, you guys can stop calling it the PlayStation Move’s “Nunchuk” now. Sony’s secondary controller for its motion technology apparatus now has an official name: Navigation Controller.
So says the information sheet up on the US PlayStation Blog, “The supplementary controller adds diretional buttons, an analog stick, and two shoulder buttons into the PlayStation Move’s control scheme. Used in most of the PlayStation Move games that require navigating an in-game character, it replicates the control features of the left side of the DualShock wireless controller into your PlayStation Move experience.”
Here are the key features of the Navigational Controller:
- Wireless control completely untethered from the PlayStationÂ®Move motion controller.
- Intuitive navigation of in-game characters
- Easy and intuitive XMBâ„¢ menu navigation.
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Charge the controller and automatically pair with the PS3â„¢ system via a USB cable
- Up to two motion controllers and two navigation controllers can be connected at once to the PS3â„¢ system.
- Note- DUALSHOCKÂ®3 wireless controller can be used in place of the navigation controller for all games that are compatible with the navigation controller
Nice name, by the way.
Via [PlayStation Blog US]