22dec10: State of Black Ops: Patch 1.05
A week after releasing the 1.04 patch, Treyarch has released patch 1.05. (This is a little odd considering that they’ve previously said that it’s about a one month process to release a new patch.) Here are the details from the community thread:
12/22 (full patch 1.05)
• Improved party reliability when leaving with party – an additional step in an ongoing series of party improvements continued in the next patch
• Improved UPnP functionality – further expands the game’s capability to open NATs on routers with universal plug and play enabled
• Enabled mute functionality in Playercards in the pre-game lobby
• Enabled kick functionality in party and private match lobbies
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would not always display properly when multiple players leave the lobby after a team split
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would appear stuck on the countdown timer while waiting to balance teams
1.04 really messed things up but the hotfixes after the fact had stabilized them somewhat. Hopefully this patch actually improves upon things. I haven’t tried it yet, but I notice that it doesn’t make any mention of split screen issues, which is disappointing. Just the other day I was playing split screen with friends and I wasn’t being given any of my killstreaks!
Anyway, once I try this patch I’ll post another update.