[E3 2011] Dragon’s Dogma (CAPCOM)
Here, in all its glory, are 2 videos straight from E3 2011 that help showcase what is shaping up to be one of the highly anticipated action games for 2012: Dragons Dogma. There’s definitely a Demon’s Souls vibe going on, which is always a very good thing.
Here is some gameplay for your entertainment. I must admit, this is looking like a must have for any fan of the hack and slash, dungeon crawling, shadows and flames genre:
Next, we have the official press release from CAPCOM to round things up with all the information you’ll need in the short term:
– Highly Stylized Action Combat â€“ The creators of this game were responsible for the action hits â€“
Resident EvilÂ® 4 and Devil May CryÂ® 4.
– Fight with Ability â€“ The soul of combat comes down to how the game is played, where you strike the
enemy, and how you react to their attacks.
– Accessible Depth â€“ Bringing an unprecedented level of depth to the action genre, every decision has an effect on gameplay in an intuitive way that does not require micromanagement. The weight of your weapon, the material of your armor â€“ even the length of your legs â€“ plays a role in how you fight your battles, but does not interrupt the flow of the action.
– Epic Adventure â€“ Dragonâ€™s Dogma is built from the ground up as an action experience for consoles with a continuous, epic storyline that stands alone in style, scope and substance.
– Open world â€“ Utilizing Capcomâ€™s proprietary MT Framework engine and the groundbreaking graphical styles and lighting effects used in Resident EvilÂ® 5 and Lost PlanetÂ® 2, Dragonâ€™s Dogma expands the environment to create a vast, richly detailed world, ripe for exploration.
– Night and Day â€“ The open world features a dynamic 24-hour day/night cycle that will offer different enemies and surprises depending on when you venture into the world.
– Pawn Them All â€“ The pawn system offers flexible combat assistance with main pawn companion that you can train throughout the game and two secondary pawns that can vary wildly to fit your combat style.
– A rich population â€“ In addition to interacting with hundreds of fully voiced NPCs, youâ€™ll be able to fight a large variety of creatures, from goblins to griffins and dragons. Each enemy requires a different strategy and provides a unique experience.
Platforms: PS3 TM, Xbox 360Â®
# players: TBD
Release Date: Early 2012
ESRB rating: RP (M For Mature expected)