PS Plus Update – Free Games For August 2017
PS Plus has been going at full tilt making sure we get some big titles each month! For August, we’re getting a varied list of games in many genres.
Ready to see what you’ll get for free with your PS Plus subscription?
PlayStation Plus – Free PS4 Games Lineup August 2017
As you can see, the games are:
Just Cause 3(PS4)
• Explore a Mediterranean island paradise with complete vertical freedom – skydive, BASE jump and free dive in an open world with virtually zero limits.
• Glide through the air and swoop across mountains with your Wingsuit giving a new way to rain death from above.
• Use your Grapple and Parachute to scale buildings, hijack vehicles, move quickly or tether objects together for creative new ways to cause Chaos.
• Cause massive chains of destruction to bring down a dictator.
• Arm yourself with a wide range of explosive weaponry from shotguns and missile launchers to tank-busters and air-strikes.
• Choose from a huge variety of different vehicles to drive including speedboats, jets, helicopters, turbo-fueled sports cars and super bikes.
• Get adventurous with dozens of challenge missions and collectibles to discover.
• Online community features.
Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry(PS4)
Rise up against slavery with the latest single-player action-adventure game in the Assassin’s Creed® franchise. Assassin’s Creed® Freedom Cry is now available exclusively for download on PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Born a slave, Adewale found freedom as a pirate. Now, 15 years after the events of Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™, Adewale has become a trained Assassin.
After being shipwrecked in what is now known as Haiti and left without weapons or a crew, Adewale starts to assist the locals in an effort to assemble a crew and steal a ship. The more he helps, however, the more he is drawn into the Maroon slave community. Forced to face his past, he sets out to free the slaves and bring death to their captors.
Originally released as an add-on for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Adewale’s epic adventure is now available as its own stand-alone title purchase of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag is not required.
Set on Mars in an alternate Cold-War era, Super Motherload is a 1 to 4-player couch co-op digging adventure with branching storyline choices, a fully voiced cast of Soviet and American characters, and a procedurally-generated world that changes each time you play.
Purchase powerful upgrades and supplies for your mining pod as you progress and prosper, as well as rare special abilities with random availability.
– RPG-inspired mechanics, upgrades, quests & special abilities
– 10 playable characters
– Branching storyline choices with multiple game endings
– Over 150 explosive-based puzzles to solve
– An epic boss battle
– Hardcore mode for Motherload veterans
– Full voice overs and a full-length original score by indie electronic artist Eric Cheng
– Storyline by comic book writer Kurtis Wiebe
Snakeball™ is a funky, futuristic sport set in a vibrant arena where you glide across the dazzling disco floor on your hoversnake, collecting balls and scoring goals. Watch out for the other snakeballers desperate to knock you for a spin with a flick of their tails or a blast from their fiendish weapons. Chaotic action and energetic music bring together up to 8 players in entertaining online matches for a fun, unique gameplay experience.
Downwell is a curious game about a young person venturing down a well in search of untold treasures with only his Gunboots for protection. Make your way further and further down into the darkness filled with nasty creatures and mysterious secrets to collect the spectacular red gems scattered about the rocks.
Level 22(PS Vita)
Overall another really solid month on PS Plus! I haven’t played Just Cause 3 yet. I do remember it had a buggy launch, but those seemed to have been fixed and people have been telling me how great it is. I have never played an Assassins Creed game before, so this may be a good jumping on point. Ceidz enjoyed Super Motherload, and he also had the chance to review Downwell and “>thought it was pretty good Can’t wait to give it a try. Finally Tracey had a chance to review Level 22 on Wii U – it looks like a fun stealth action game that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
How about you? Let us know in the comments below!
Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @the_nmac for more reviews and live streaming from the PS4. Also follow @PS4blog_net and @PS3blogdotnet for updates on PlayStation info and reviews you need.