Category: SOCOM Confrontation
The long-time-coming patch for SOCOM Confrontation will become available Tuesday morning (Pacific time) and include features such as clan ladders, tournaments, private games, follow-a-friend and a calendar (among others). Here are some of the fixes and whatnot (from the Official PlayStation Blog):
Crashes, Freezes and Hangs Fixed
- Players being booted out of the game to the XMB while loading into gameplay.
- Players freezing on the loading screen going into and returning from gameplay.
- Loss of input issues that occurred when using the pause menu or scoreboard.
- Low frequency freezes when creating a clan.
- Players occasionally getting stuck on the Quick Match screen after selecting an invitation.
- Rare cases where players would become stuck in Spectator mode.
General Gameplay Updates
- Numerous improvements to lag and latency, as well as bandwidth optimizations.
- To eliminate exploits where players were escaping to outside of the playable space, many of the previously found routes are now blocked off. As a further measure, the playable areas are now surrounded by trigger volumes that will kill players attempting to find new exploits.
- Players are no longer able to plant claymores through pillars, walls and other objects.
- Target spotting will now default to OFF in all ranked games.
- Fixed characters occasionally getting stuck when planting flares in Control mode.
- Made the range players could plant the satchel more consistent between levels, in both Breach and Demolition modes.
- Commando reticles now turn green when targeting a VIP in Escort mode.
- Increased the priority of picking up the satchel so it can be picked up more easily when weapons and other objects are piled around it.
- Louder and improved footstep audio for characters that are out of view.
- Limited the angle that climb prompts appear at, character will no longer turn 90 degrees before climbing.
- VIPs no longer appear on the HUD Radar after being killed.
- Added the ability to plant Control flares and Demolition/Breach satchels while prone.
- Improved grenade throws, they now more closely follow the throw arc, added better wall detection to keep players from throwing grenades through walls and other objects.
- Fixed issues where different weapons would appear in characters hands to different players.
- Players can no longer take control of VIPs/Hostages through walls or other objects.
- Improved performance for the late joiner, host and all other players when joining a match in progress.
- The satchel will no longer appear in the incorrect location for players that late join Demolition and Breach matches.
- Fixed cases where the number of rounds won by each team could become out of sync.
- The death camera will stop following the character that killed your player after 5 seconds.
- In spectator mode, the button commands will fade out after 5 seconds.
- When selecting a weapon in-game the playerâ€™s custom loadout will not be overwritten, that can only be done in the Front End Armoury.
- Fixed cases where Detonators for Key Moments could become desynced, allowing them to be used twice.
- Multiple fixes for situations where characters could become invisible.
- Drastically cut down the Fade-In time at the start of the round.
- Fixed the jittering reticle when planting C4 and Claymores.
- Improved ability to plant the C4 on Breach walls.
- Resolved issues across all maps where players could become stuck when crouching or going prone in tight spaces.
- Closed an exploit where players could shoot through walls close to windows when using a scope.
Two more games are heading into the Greatest Hits, that little gem called Uncharted: Drakes Fortune or the somehow active, Socom: Navy SEALs Confrontation. For those who are planning on buying Uncharted 2, I highly recommend the first one. …